Friday 4 April 2014

Everyday Makeup Routine | MAC, Rimmel, Mally, Revlon, Urban Decay, NYC

Hi there! So I know Zoe has already done a Spring Time Makeup look, but I wanted to share my everyday routine with you all as I have recently changed a few products which I am now currently loving! Like Zoe, I will usually do a subtle bronzed/golden eye-shadow look if I have time, but recently due to work commitments I have just had a quick 10 minutes to do my makeup everyday meaning it has been simplified. So here it is...

After my shower, where I use my Sephora Cleanser to clean my face (I use a make up wipe - Simple Skin - before my shower as I am terrible for taking my make up off the night before!!) I will prime my skin using the Rimmel London Stay Matte Primer in 003. I have been using this for around 4 weeks now and have only used a quarter of the tube, but I definitely feel that my skin is much softer and although it says nothing about helping spots, I recently had a small break out and it has cleared it all up  so I feel that it definitely helped with that! 
This primer helps to control shine for up to 8 hours and helps minimise pores. I will just put around a 20p size on my middle fingers and then rub into my face in circular motions. I recommended this as it is great and just under £6! 


Once this has dried in, I will then do one of the following three steps depending on how my skin is looking. 

ONE ---- If I am having a good day, I will go straight to using my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural powder in Medium. I used to live by this powder until I found it was too much money, but due to a new job last summer I decided to repurchase as I had some more cash to spend! It is £20, but a dupe for it which I love as well is the Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder (I used the shade Sand) which is part of the same range as the primer and foundation which I sometimes use! 






TWO ---- If my skin is looking a bit dull if I have maybe had a bad sleep or just not been being very active or healthy recently, I will use the Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation in shade True Ivory 103 (around £8.99). I am on my 6th bottle of this so I would definitely recommend this to everyone!!! I was wary of it at first due to the light reflecting particles in it, but after many YouTubers raving on about it I thought I would give it a go and I'm not going back!  It brightens my skin and just gives me an all over natural glow which I think looks fantastic at any time of the year, but especially in the winter months! I will apply this using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (in the core set - £25). I follow this up with my MAC powder (see ONE).




THREE ---- If I have a long day at work or am not able to touch up my make up at all I will use the Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation in True Ivory 103. I apply this again with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush after i have made around 20 dots of it around my face. The only problem I have with this foundation, is I would say it has to be blended in a lot to make sure there are no lines. Again I will then apply my MAC powder on top.



After choosing one of the above steps, I will use my Urban Decay Flushed Palette which I got from my "secret" santa from my friend (thanks zoe!!). I use my S.I.L.K PRO Contour BC120 brush to apply the bronzer to my hollows of my cheeks, my hairline on my forehead, my temples and also to define my nose. 


I then use the blush in this palette with my Real Techniques Blush brush. It is very pigmented on my skin tone so I always gradually build it up.



Next I fill in my brows (my favourite part) using my Sleek Duo Brow in Light. One side is a spooly which I use to brush my brows into place, which I follow up by using the waxy side to fill them in is small strokes and finally brush back through to remove excess! This step takes under a minute so at £7 I recommend this product!









For eyes, I use Creep in the Naked Basics palette (Urban Decay) to line my lash line which a Real Techniques Accent Brush, followed by using either NYC Big Curl (dupe for Falsies by Maybelline ) or NYC Big Bold Volume (dupe for Maybelline Rocket Volume) (£1.99 each).


Finally, last but not least, on my lips I use either Mally Pilar Pink (QVC), Rimmel London Kate Moss shade 16, Revlon 027 Juicy Papaya or Bourjois Rouge Edition 03 with a quick topping of Carmex to help it last.

L to R : Mally, Rimmel London, Revlon, Bourjois


Although this is a long post, it takes me the best part of ten minutes to do so is actually a very quick and simple everyday routine! Hope you all enjoyed it and will try some of the products!

Devon
x o x o

No comments:

Post a Comment