Friday 18 April 2014

ARTDECO Bronzing Glow Blusher | Review

A few weeks ago, Devon and I attended the Scottish Beauty Show through in Edinburgh.  I didn't purchase a lot, but one thing I did buy was the ARTDECO Bronzing Glow Blusher.  This is usually £20, but at the event it was on sale for £10 and also came with a free brush.



The blusher and brush were packaged in a box so I didn't actually know what either were going to look like, but I really wanted to give ARTDECO a try seeing as it is the makeup brand used at the likes of the National Television Awards, Emmerdale and Coronation Street.  I am so glad that I picked up this product, because it's AMAZING!


Firstly, let's appreciate how gorgeous the packaging is.  The design is so pretty and came as a lovely surprise because as mentioned, I had no idea what this was going to look like.  I know packaging doesn't have anything to do with what the actual product is like, but it does make for brightening up what's in your make up bag.  I do love nice packaging on beauty products.


The blusher comes with a mirror which makes it a great product to take on the go or when travelling.


The majority of the blusher is taken up by the coral colour, which has a shimmery golden tone to it as described in the name.  The colour makes for a really natural, healthy glow on the face with just enough radiance without being over the top.  The product allows you to enhance your cheek colour by adding either the fuchsia or rosewood colour depending on what look you are going for or how you feel on a particular day.  I enjoy mixing all three colours together to create a soft yet luminous look on the apples of my cheeks.





So preeeetty!



The product itself contains three colours - which are described by ARTDECO as being 'golden shimmering coral, fuchsia, and rosewood'.  A pattern similar to the one on the outer packaging is engraved into the product and the detailing just adds another thing to love about this product.

As for the brush, it does the job.  It's really just your standard blush brush but nothing to rave about - I actually prefer using a contour brush to apply this.




I've attached some photos of the three colours swatched and what they look like on my cheeks.  Enlarge them by clicking on them.

This blush is definitely worth a buy to add to your spring/summer make up collection!  


From L-R, Fuchsia, Coral, Rosewood



Zoë x

No comments:

Post a Comment