Tuesday 28 October 2014

Vamp Look | Halloween 2014

The other day I was watching velvetgh0st on YouTube and fell in love with her dramatic grunge makeup look.  I thought I'd try it out myself with different colours that I actually own and here's the outcome!  I'll be wearing this on Friday for Hallowe'en.  My mum absolutely loved it and said she would even wear it on a normal night out!


I started by using NARS Sheer Glow in 'Deuxville',  tried my best to chisel some cheek bones using Benefit's 'Hoola' Bronzer and filled in my brows with a MAC's 'Omega' and some 'Charcoal Brown'.
For eyes I used the post-it note trick (where you like up a post it note from the corner of your eye to the end of your brow) to achieve the perfect winged out eyeshadow.  I started by packing on MAC's 'Plum Dressing' on the inner part of my eye, then MAC's Nocturnelle in the outer V.  Then I started to build up Urban Decay's 'Creep' eyeshadow and blend it out making it super smokey and to the intensity I liked.  I took all three of those colours on my lower lash line too.  To wing out my eyes I used Maybelline's Gel Liner in Black, using Topshop's black kohl liner on my waterline and got voluminous lashes with Too Faced's 'Better Then Sex' mascara.  I lined my lips using MAC 'Cherry' lipliner then used MAC's 'Rebel' lipstick - these are two very different shades of red but I really liked the effect it gave - a crisp lighter line around the lips.

Really regret not taking a better picture of the eyeshadow now!
If you're stuck for makeup this Hallowe'en - definitely try out this look!

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment