Tuesday 24 June 2014

Mini Haul | Soap and Glory & Books!

Yesterday, my mum, nanny & I went to a big retail park near where we live and visited a massive Boots and Tesco.  As much as I LOVE high end make up I will always be a Boots girl at heart.  There were so many deals on, like if you spent £9 in Rimmel you would get a free natural bronzer or 3 for 2 on all L'oreal products which are both soooo tempting!!

A brand that I've never had anything from before (besides a concealer too dark for me given from my mum) is Soap & Glory and I was really intrigued in a lot of their products because I'd never seen any others like them!  Also who can let a 3 for 2 offer go amiss.  Here's what I picked up:

The Kick-Ass Concealer looked soooo interesting.  It has 3 steps - a peachy toned concealer to counteract dark circles undereyes, a yellow toned concealer to counteract redness in the face and blemishes, and a translucent setting powder to set the cream concealers!  I'd never seen anything like it before - am I new to a trend??





















I'm never 100% happy with my eyebrows.  I've been switching between an eyebrow pencil which I don't like very much but want to use it up (stingey...) and MAC Omega eyeshadow which is BRILLIANT but my eyebrow shape is too horrible for it to perform it's full wonders.  So I saw a brow stick which had a felt tip end (the tint) and a waxy crayon end (the shaping pencil).  I tried it out as soon as I got home and my brows finaaaaally looked strong and full!!  I got the colour 'Love Is Blonde' - cute name!  Think this might be my new holy grail.

Also picked up a Sexy Mother Pucker (lol) Gloss Stick.  I have an unreal amount of lip products, particularly lip glosses so the concept of a lipgloss in a stick looked so cool.  I got the colour 'Fuschiaristic' (Soap & Glory seem to have the best names for products?!).  This is such a breakthrough product for me, it looks and feels just like a lipgloss but with no sticky mess!  The colour looks bright but when applied is actually really natural on.  My sister tried it on when I got home and decided she really wants one too :-).  I think this could be the start of a Soap and Glory make up obsession.


I also got three travel clear make up bags.  I'm going on two holidays this summer and to T in the Park so these will definitely come in handy.

Tesco had a deal on books - two for £7.  I have been putting off watching Divergent until I've read it so picked that up.  I'm already hooked and spent this morning in bed reading it!  I also chose 'With All My Love' by Patricia Scanlan, just randomly.  The blurb made it seem really interesting and might be just what I'm needing to read after a fallout with my mum last week haha.



Let me know what you think if you have tried any of the products or read either of the books!

Zoe x

No comments:

Post a Comment