Thursday 22 May 2014

Collective Haul | Topshop, New Look, River Island, TK Maxx, Superdrug, Boots.

Hellooo!

So I’ve been buying a few bits and bobs recently and thought I’d share them with you! Due to not being able to go shopping much during my university placement, I ended up spending far too much money the first weekend after finishing. However it was all very much needed (well most, some things I just couldn’t resist) and consists of make up, hair, clothe and accessories. So let’s get started…




I’ll begin with make up! So I bought 2 items – Sleek eyebrow stylist and NYC Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in White.  This is my third time purchase of the Sleek eyebrow stylist. I’d say it is the best product I have had for my eyebrows ever. It has two sides – a waxy side (product) and a spooly. My first time purchase was spur of the moment as I was trying to grow my eyebrow as they were becoming too thin and thought this would be perfect. I couldn’t have been more right! It is fantastically natural looking and allows you to create shape and definition very quickly and very easily. I use this in the shade Light – 716, as I prefer to build up colour and felt the medium would be too dark too quickly. I would definitely recommend this product!
I have wanted a white eyeliner for ages to help brighten up my eyes when they are looking a bit dull. As I have never bought one before I decided to go for a cheap option to be on the safe side (I also have many allergies so don’t like to spend a lot on certain products.) This product opened up my eye and just made it appear to be brighter which is perfect. I have only tried this once so will need to see how it goes when I continue to use it.

Next, I have purchased 4 nail products – three nail polishes and one set of false nails. I picked up two Barry M Gelly Hi Shine nails paints: Sugar Apple 418 and Coconut 415. Gelly nails paints have always been a fave of mine since they were released a few years ago. My favourite shade is Papaya 304.
Sugar Apple is a lovely minty colour (more blue than Essie mint candy apple) perfect for the spring time pastels trend. I applied two coats and the pigment was great. If the other shades are to go by, then they usually last a week on my nails even when I am working 4 or so times during the week.
Coconut is a more creamy shade as opposed to white which was what I was looking for. However, it is still lovely and with three coats looks fantastic and will go well with any outfit during the spring and summer months!


The third is a Nails Inc. shade in Tavistock Street 221. It is a lovely grey shade which will look nice in the more autumny months, but I saw it and needed to buy it! I purchased it from my work (TK Max) so was only £4.99 as opposed to the £11 elsewhere. It is rather streaky in application but with three coats looks lovely. The Nails Inc nail polishes usually last on my 3-4 days without a top coat so to last longer I’d suggest using a topcoat.






Finally, I impulse bought a set of Elegant Touch Aztec nails. I fell in love with them when I saw them!!! I am disappointed with the quality considering I paid £7.10 for them. The nails look lovely on but they are quite soft and flimsy so I would say that they will last around a week as opposed to the 3-4 weeks I get from my Finishing Touches 216 nail pack. These look amazing though and as definitely a good purchase for summery nails or for a night out to add a pop of colour.

The hair product I purchased was the Schwarzkopf got2b 2 Sexy BIG VOLUME push up volumizing SPRAY MOUSSE. I have been meaning to pick up a mousse for months as my hair was just becoming flat and lifeless since I began dying it a year and a half ago. This mousse works best on damp hair and has created a lot of volume last 2 days! I would definitely recommend this and the smell is amazing too so that is always a bonus.




Yesterday whilst out shopping with Zoë I was in River Island and fell in love with a purse. I have a Michael Kors orange purse so always feel like I cannot go out and buy a new one as I need to get my money’s worth out of the other one. However I just loved this one too much and it was only £17 so I thought why not. It is a gorgeous white black and yellow colour with a lovely pattern. It has so many sections inside that I don’t even know what to fill it with! Not money that’s for sure since I am now on a spending ban!! IT is so nice a summery and I just love it so much.

Also in River Island I picked up 2 jewellery pieces which math. They are these lovely cute and dainty daisy set. £5 overall cost was perfect! This will look lovely with many outfit and I can’t wait to wear them.

Finally, the other day I had a spending spree in Topshop and New Look and purchased these four things. I’ll insert picture of me with them on…





The shoes are my absolute favourite and will be a staple piece in my wardrobe this Spring and Summer.


With all that I am now banning myself from spending as I need to save for summer since I am now off until September!

Thanks for reading guys, Love Devon x x x  

1 comment: