Saturday 22 March 2014

Spring Makeup Look | Mac, Maybelline, L'oreal, Revlon

Today, I went out for dinner with my two friends from University and wanted to try a new make-up look.  The other week, I got some new MAC lipsticks and one that I had yet to try was "Costa Chic", so I thought I'd give it a try today along with a shimmery eyeshadow look.  Here's the result!
I think that this is a really fresh faced look perfect for Spring time.  Here's how I achieved it -

Firstly I applied Revlon PhotoReady Skinlights Face Illuminator in the colour 'Pink'.  Since my skin hasn't had any sun on it since last September, it's looking really dull at the moment!  The face illuminator really evens out my skin with "light-capturing crystals" and has a really pretty effect.
Next, I applied Rimmel Stay Matte foundation in 'Ivory'.  This is a fantastic foundation for oil control that leaves a matte finish on my face all day.  A little goes a long way with this foundation, I get a great coverage from less than a pea size amount.  Then I applied Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Cool Medium' under my eyes and on any blemishes.  To set the foundation and concealer, I used Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in 'Silky Beige.'
On the apples of my cheeks I applied my current favourite blusher, 'Melba' by MAC.  I find the soft coral colour gives a really healthy glow and would look great on all skin tones.
To highlight, I used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in 'Soft and Gentle' on my cheek and brow bones.  This is a well loved highlighter by many beauty bloggers because it leaves such a beautiful and natural finish on the skin.

To fill in my brows, I used 'Omega' MAC eyeshadow on an angled brush, and feathered it through my brows.  This was a recommendation in a video by Tanya Burr, and it is the best brow filler I have ever had!  I used to find it very difficult to find one I liked that went with my blonde hair.

Next is my favourite part about doing make up... the eyes!!

I've recently started a MAC eyeshadow pallette and I can honestly say, they are the best eyeshadows ever!!  The pigmentation is fantastic, they are so easy to blend and just look so pretty on!
Firstly I primed my eyes with my trusty Urban Decay Primer Potion.
All over the lid, I used 'Jest' by MAC, which is very similar to a personal favourite eyeshadow of mine 'Sin' by Urban Decay.  It's a very soft pink shimmer with a frost finish.
Blended through my outer corner and brought slightly through the crease I used MAC 'All That Glitters'.  This is a beautiful soft rose gold shimmer that actually looks darker in the crease than it would if worn on the lid!  I think that 'Jest' and 'All That Glitters' complement each other extremely well to create a simple but really pretty shimmery neutral eye look.  To highlight my inner corner I used MAC 'Nylon' which is the perfect shimmery tear duct highlight.  Nylon really brightens up a lot of eye looks and is my go-to inner corner highlight.

To line my top eyelid I used L'oreal Ultra Precision Superliner.  This was a product I bought without any recommendation and I am now hooked.  It's the easiest liquid liner to apply that I've ever bought!  No smudges, no wonky lines, just a perfect straight line.  The sponge tip makes it really easy to wing out the outer corners too!  It's just the best liquid liner ever.  Go and buy it right now.
For my top and bottom lashes I used Maybelline The Falsies mascara which gives amazing length and volume.

For lips, I used MAC 'Costa Chic'.  I am in love with it!! Costa Chic is really  the only orange toned lip product I have ever bought, I usually steer clear of oranges.  But this one has definitely changed me!  It's a fantastic coral colour with a frost finish, so it has a shimmer to it which I have never really experienced in a lipstick.  One thing I will say is that because the weather is still fairly cold wear I live, it slightly filled in the cracks in my lips.  However, it wasn't enough to be noticeable.



I love this look!  Will definitely be wearing this a lot through Spring and Summer time.

I'm looking for recommendations for orangey lip products after my new found love for Costa Chic, so let me know!

Also, let me know if you try out this look :-)

Zoë x


2 comments: